Updated: Jan 29, 2020
On the 30th July 2019 I met up with some fabulously talented wedding suppliers to do a wedding styled photo shoot on the breathtaking grounds of Osmaston Park in Derbyshire. The theme was Contemporary White Wedding. We all got very excited and inspired in the weeks before the shoot and we added gold touches and orchids to the mood board for the day.
That's me on the far left!
I'm getting ahead of myself here but I wanted to make sure this was at the top of the blog... We got PUBLISHED! The photo shoot was published in Your East Midlands Wedding Magazine (https://www.youreastmidlands.wedding/) in the December 2019/January 2020 edition. It made the front cover, we got a 3 page spread and they published photos of THREE of my cakes! There - just wanted to get the gloating out of the way! So proud of all of us!
Now, I'll be honest with you - this was my first styled shoot and I was extremely nervous about meeting wedding industry experts and whether or not my wedding cake would fit in with everything else! I was being silly of course - we communicated so much in the weeks before the shoot that we all had a very clear idea what everyone was bringing and what the overall look was. I honestly worry thinking back that I may have communicated more with the other suppliers than with my own husband!
Anyway, back to the shoot! Holly (from Decoris Weddings) was the shoot coordinator and she came up with the original mood board and found us all. She wanted to show a twist on the traditional white wedding. A way for modern, engaged couples to envision a less formal, less stuffy white wedding day. To do this we needed (bear with me - these suppliers are extremely talented and deserve to be referenced!):
- a modern, beautiful venue - www.osmastonpark.com,
- an amazing team of venue stylists and the shoot coordinator - Holly Rusz at Decoris Weddings (www.decorisweddings.co.uk),
- our fabulously talented photographer - Leanne Brookes at LB Photography (www.facebook.com/lb.weddings),
- some gorgeous, contemporary dresses - Wendy Turner at All Things Bride (www.allthingsbride.co.uk),
- a stunning model - Kay Brown (www.facebook.com/kaybrown),
- an incredible make-up artist - Natalie Flewitt at Natalie Flewitt Makeup (www.natalieflewittmakeup.com),
- Some handmade and completely gorgeous accessories - Monika Walentyna at I Do Wedding Gifts (www.idoweddinggifts.co.uk)
- the extremely clever hair stylist - Sam Kelly at SR Does Hair (www.facebook.com/srdoeshair)
- some amazingly realistic paper flowers and flowergirl bouquet - Rosie at Soul Binding (www.soulbindingbyrosie.co.uk)
- A modern and romantic bridal bouquet - Lucy at Benington Blooms (www.beningtonblooms.co.uk)
- and the most stunning, elegant & gorgeous arch - Natalie at Beautiful Arches (www.beautifularches.co.uk)
The wedding shoot was so much fun! I don't know why but I wasn't expecting that! I was expecting to meet some talented people, to make some links, come away with some amazing photographs of my cake to use in my marketing... but I wasn't expecting it to be so much fun too!
Anyway - I've probably waffled enough! These are some of the photos from the shoot taken by the fabulous Leanne Brookes.