Learn how to make each element of this gorgeous, contemporary wedding cake to add to your portfolio or for your own special wedding day! Featuring beautiful sugar orchids and a modern design to upskill your wedding cake techniques.
Included in this tutorial:
- How to cover a round dummy cake using the paneling method
- How to cover a hexagonal dummy cake
- How to achieve sharp edges
- How to create a smooth, spaced ripple effect
- How to achieve a torn edge look
- How to make and paint with edible gold paint
- How to get straight, gold edging on a hexagonal cake
- How to 'build' your final cake by attaching the tiers together
- How to make sugar orchids including:
- cutting out the petals
- wiring the individual petals
- using a veiner to add detail
- drying in formers
- using paint and petal dusts to add realism to the orchids
- taping the flowers together
- arranging them on a cake and dummy
This class will be streamed in 4 separate live videos on a private Facebook group. Each live video will remain on the group indefinitely for you to watch and re-watch at your leisure. The first live video will be shown on Friday 4th December at 10:30am with subsequent dates being confirmed on the group.
The private Facebook group will also give you the opportunity to ask me and the other members any questions you may have and share your beautiful creations too.
Once you buy the tutorial you will receive an email confirmation of your order. An email with the link to join the Facebook group will be sent out the week before the first live stream.
Thank you for your interest in learning from me and I cannot wait to 'meet' you and see your amazing creation!
Cakes by the Park